What to bring
Documents and information
- The medications your child currently takes, including non-prescribed medications and herbal preparations
- Information regarding allergies to food or medications
- Information about any special dietary needs
- Maternal child health record book
- The name, address and phone number of your GP and/or local paediatrician.
Personal items for your child
- Medical equipment or disability aids (if applicable)
- Pyjamas (lightweight), dressing gown and slippers
- Toiletries – including a toothbrush, toothpaste, brush or comb
- Special toy or cuddly blanket
- Any special powders or milk (we supply standard baby milk).
Personal items for you
If you are staying overnight, please bring along:
- A sleeping bag and pillow
- Personal toiletries.
If you are attending for the day only, you may find it helpful to bring your child’s pram or buggy and their formula milk.
You can also bring personal equipment such as portable DVD players, MP3 players, laptops/tablets or hand-held consoles, but please make sure these items are labelled. Please note the ward cannot accept responsibility for their safety.
Each ward has its own policy about bringing in your child’s own bed linen. Please ring the ward your child is being admitted to if you are unsure.