University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) takes the prevention and control of infection very seriously, and is committed to reducing healthcare associated infections.
Over the past few years the Trust has adopted a range of proactive measures to prevent healthcare associated infections. These measures include
- focusing on improving hand hygiene by adopting national and local campaigns including visual prompts and hand hygiene stations prominently positioned at entrances to the hospital and ward areas
- raising the profile of infection prevention throughout the Trust and at Board level
- training staff on infection prevention and hand hygiene
- focusing on high standards of cleanliness
- screening of emergency and elective patients to protect against MRSA.
Information on preventing infection