Friends and Family Test
Seeking and acting on patient feedback is key to improving the quality of our services. The Friends and Family Test gives you the opportunity to give your view on the care or treatment you've received.
When you leave hospital (on the day of discharge or within 24 hours) you'll be invited to give feedback by answering one simple question:
- How likely are you to recommend your ward to friends and family if they need similar care or treatment?
How to complete the Friends and Family Test
You can complete the Friends and Family Test in several ways:
- Using the following online surveys:
* A password will be given to patients who qualify to complete the Friends and Family Test when they leave hospital.
- By completing paper based surveys (used by our maternity and children's services)
- Via the bedside media units - it's completely free to register, listen to hospital radio, access more information about the hospital and complete any of our surveys.
- By completing a Friends and Family Test postcard on a ward.
- Through one of our independent volunteers who visit the wards every day.
The Friends and Family Test does not replace existing feedback methods.
You may also wish to leave feedback using one of our more detailed surveys (available via the volunteers and bedside media units) or on NHS Choices.
All of our surveys are completely confidential, and responses are not identifiable to any individual. Giving us your feedback will never affect your care or treatment but may help us improve your local hospital services.