Benefits of working for us
We’ve recently surveyed our staff and run focus groups to find out what staff liked most about working at the Trust.
The top five things that staff liked most were:
- education, training and that the Trust is a teaching hospital
- benefits and the employment package
- professional commitment, working with immediate colleagues
- patient care and pride in their own work
- teamwork and partnership working
Some of the core benefits you can expect are:
- A highly supportive induction and exceptional ongoing in-house and external training and development opportunities
- Minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), on appointment
- On-site nursery facilities (subject to availability)
- Flexible working opportunities – depending on your role, there may be opportunities to work from home, for part-time working, term-time contracts and annualised hours
- On-site subsidised restaurants
- Incremental pay progression when you are on a permanent contract, with structured reviews and continued professional development
- Generous Final Salary Pension Scheme – for more details see www.nhsemployers.org
- Discounts for local facilities such as local gyms, and national discounts on everything from holidays to electricals as part of the www.healthservicediscounts.com scheme.
Some staff may be eligible for key worker accommodation. To find out more about shared ownership housing in schemes in the area, visit www.homesinhants.co.uk
Working and living in Southampton has many of its own benefits including numerous sports and leisure venues, theatres, parks, outstanding shopping, and great transport links to London and the rest of the South, including the beautiful New Forest.
To find out more, investigate Southampton City Council’s Moving to Southampton webpages or discover Southampton