Chief executive's employee of the year
Each month the Trust awards a member of staff with an employee of the month award for going above and beyond in their role. These winners are then put forward for the chief executive's employee of the year award at Hospital Heroes and this year's the winner was chosen by you. Read more about our winner below.
The chief executive's employee of the year award has been sponsored by Southampton Solent University.
Winner: Lorraine Roberts, associate practitioner, ward G9, division B
Lorraine is the dementia champion on G9. She is incredibly passionate and her enthusiasm for delivering excellent care never diminishes. She has gone above and beyond for patients – introducing tea mornings where all the patients sit together. This allows patients to interact and relax and it has been commended by the specialist dementia nurses. Lorraine’s attitude is ‘a shining example for all to follow’.
Runner up: Nanda Basker, pharmacist, oncology pharmacy, division C
- Vicki Havercroft, D3, cancer care, division A
- Andrea Cross, commissioning manager, estates, Trust HQ
- Stephanie Harding, moving and handling adviser, health and safety, Trust HQ
- Mandy Clowes, department manager/lead nurse, dermatology, specialist medicine and ophthalmology, division B
- Kate Eyres, HR operations manager, recruitment, HR, Trust HQ
- Caroline Edwards, paediatric orthopaedic consultant surgeon, child health, division C
- Dave Quick, healthcare assistant, D3, cancer care, division A
- Jose Horno, staff nurse, specialist medicine division B
- Nicholas Simmonds, advanced cystoscopy practitioner, division A