The Logistics team consists of 27 staff: six pharmacy technicians, 20 pharmacy support workers and one admin and clerical worker. The team is split into four sections: purchasing; receipts and stock management; invoicing; and distribution. We provide service to the Trust’s wards and departments, as well as local PCTs and private organisations. Services provided are varied and include:
- Placing orders on suppliers.
- Maintaining supplier database.
- Managing and reporting on stock and supply problems.
- Bulk drug issues.
- Sterile fluid stock management.
- Enteral feeds stock management (for the Trust and local health community).
- Ward top-up.
- Negotiating local and regional contract prices.
- Management of contracts.
- Managing Homecare services.