Curry, Dr Sarah
MBBCh BAO, MRCPI (paediatrics)
Training and education
- Undergraduate medical training - National University of Ireland, Galway, 2006
- Postgraduate paediatric training at multiple institutions in Ireland, including Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin - 2007-14
- Two year fellowship in paediatric haematology and oncology – The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- One year subspecialty fellowship in paediatric neuro-oncology - The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Dr Curry is a paediatric oncologist who joined the Trust in July 2017. She has a particular interest in paediatric neuro-oncology (the treatment of brain and spinal tumours in children).
She provides a specialist oncology service for children in the Wessex region, treating a wide range of cancers. She sees children in the acute setting and also as outpatients, and liaises with other hospitals in the region to give specialist advice.
Dr Curry's international fellowship training in neuro-oncology will allow her to diagnose, treat and care for children with brain tumours as part of a multidisciplinary team. She hopes to develop and strengthen the paediatric neuro-oncology service in Wessex.
Awards and prizes
SMILE award - The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Dr Curry's research publications include:
- Immunohistochemical analysis of H3K27me3 demonstrates global reduction in group-A childhood posterior fossa ependymoma and is a powerful predictor of outcome. Panwalkar P, Clark J, Ramaswamy V, Curry SJ, et al. Acta Neuropathol. 2017 Jul 21. Doi: 10.1007/s00401-017-1752-4. [Epub ahead of print].
- Blastomycosis infection in an adolescent patient with Hodgkin lymphoma. Curry S, Morris SK, Richardson SE, Chami R, Kus JV, Gupta S. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 2016 Sep 24. Doi: 10.1002/pbc.26250. [Epub ahead of print].
- Rhabdomyosarcoma-associated renal cell carcinoma: a link with constitutional p53 mutation. Curry, Sarah and Ibrahim, Fadi and Grehan, David and McDermott, Michael and Capra, Michael and Betts, David and O'Sullivan, Maureen. Pediatric Developmental Pathology. 2011 May-Jun;14(3):248-51. Epub 2010 Nov 5.
- Leukaemic alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma. Sarah Curry, Christopher L. Bacon, Ian Robinson, Michael Capra, Owen P. Smith. British Journal of Haematology – Images in Haematology. 2010 Nov;151(3):208.
You can contact Dr Curry via her secretary, Lorraine Davidson - call 023 8120 4101 or send an email.