Salmon, Dr Tony
BMedSci BM BS FRCP FRCPCH
Paediatric and adult congenital cardiology
Congenital cardiac interventionalist
Training and education
- Nottingham University Medical School
- Nottingham University Hospital
- Royal Hospital, Wolverhampton
- Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Children's Hospital, Birmingham
- University Hospital Southampton
Dr Salmon is a consultant of cardiology and has worked for the Trust since January 1990. Dr Salmon is experienced in the diagnosis and clinical management of congenital cardiac disorders, including interventional procedures across all age groups.
In his career, Dr Salmon has contributed to the development of a national program for management of failing Fontan circulations. He pioneered national and European developments in percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects (ASD) and patent foramen ovales (PFO).
He is trustee of Heartbeat, a charity that supports the cardiac unit in Southampton. He has also trained operators for 12 European centres.
- Council member of British Congenital Cardiac Association (BCCA)
- Senior advisory council for paediatric cardiology
- Member of south-west Strategic Health Authority for adult congenital heart disease (ACHD)
- Member of the Grown Up Congenital Heart Disease National Designation Committee.
Dr Salmon has been published in many aspects of congenital heart disease and has held regular presentations on these areas at national and international meetings.
You can contact Dr Salmon via his secretary, David King - call 023 8120 5942 or send an email.