How to seek a referral to children's hearing services

If you would like your child to be seen for a hearing test, please ask your GP or your child’s health visitor or school nurse to refer to audiology.

Your child is likely to initially see the community team, run by InHealth, at a site within the community. Your child will be referred to us by the community team if further testing is needed or if it is felt your child may benefit from hearing loss management, for example a hearing aid.

We also receive referrals from the ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctors, the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme (NHSP) and paediatricians for hearing assessment and management.