Ready Steady Go: Hello to children's services
We understand that learning that your child has a long-term condition can cause anxiety and be overwhelming.
We have developed the 'Hello to children's services' programme to help support parents and carers who have a child diagnosed with a long-term condition.
Who is it for?
- You, if your child has been diagnosed with a long-term condition.
What is it?
- A programme to help you gain knowledge and skills to manage your child’s condition.
- So you have the knowledge and confidence to manage your child’s condition and are supported through the process.
Your child’s team will help you:
- manage your child’s condition
- learn about their treatment
- gain the confidence to ask questions and be involved in decisions about their care
- know when to get help and who to contact in an emergency
- stay informed about any support networks available.
Talk to your team about how you feel and any questions or concerns you might have. You can also contact ReadySteadyGo@uhs.nhs.uk
Hello to children's services