Children's hearing assessment and rehabilitation
Our paediatric trained clinical scientists and audiologists can adapt hearing tests for children of all ages and abilities. We see children from 0 to 16, who have been referred by a medical consultant or specialist.
Our tests include
- auditory brainstem response testing
- behaviour observation audiometry
- conventional distraction testing
- visual reinforcement audiometry
- otoacoustic emissions testing
- play audiometry
- pure tone audiometry.
We will explain the results of the tests to you, and talk about what we can do to help. We can fit hearing aids if they are needed, and refer your child on to other specialties.
- Hearing aid services for children factsheet