Virtual visits are part of our secure video call service, allowing people in hospital and their loved ones to keep in touch during the current coronavirus outbreak.
Attend Anywhere, the video call service, allows patients to have video conversations from their hospital bed, making sure the risk of exposure to coronavirus is kept to a minimum.
The virtual visits service works best when accessed using the Google Chrome web browser on a PC, or Safari web browser on Mac (webcam required). You can also use this system with your Android or Apple smartphone.
Please follow this link to the Virtual Visits Centre
Wards set up for virtual visiting
The following wards are set up to receive virtual visitors:
We are unable to offer this service to other wards at present but are working hard to make it available as soon as possible.
Virtual visting times
The service will be available from 2 to 4pm and from 6 to 8pm, every day.
How it works
You will need to follow our simple five step process to make sure we connect you to the right patient:
- Please follow this link to the Virtual Visits Centre
- Click to start the video call and enter your details when prompted
- You will enter the virtual waiting area where a member of the Trust’s switchboard team will speak to you. Please be patient as we may not be able to speak to you straight away, but we will be able to see that you are waiting.
- The switchboard team will confirm your name and the patient that you are wishing to reach and will direct you to the correct virtual ward waiting area.
- A member of staff from the ward will then join the call. They will confirm the patient’s name for a final time before giving the clean iPad to the patient, allowing them to see and speak to you.
- At busy times you may be asked to limit your virtual visit to 10 minutes.
Virtual visiting outside of usual visiting times
We know there may be times when you wish to speak to your loved one outside of usual visiting times. This needs to be pre-arranged with the ward.
If you have arranged this, then please use the following link to access the Out of Hours Virtual Visits Centre. If your call has not been pre-arranged with the ward, you will be asked to call back in normal visiting hours.