29 November 2017, 6 to 8pm
Heartbeat Education Centre, F level, north wing, Southampton General Hospital
We’ve been awarded the status of global centre of digital excellence (GDE), which is an exciting programme to become paperless as a digital exemplar NHS trust.
Our informatics department will be utilising additional investment from NHS England to boost our informatics strategy and enable us to deliver pioneering applications to support patient care and medical research. In order to deliver this programme, we are now looking to recruit to a number of posts to support our ambitious four-year programme to further enhance and extend our informatics services and systems.
The work has been split into eight programmes across all aspects of clinical care, technology, and data for business intelligence and research:
- Moving beyond records to full paperless workflow and no casenotes
- Enhanced prescribing with positive tie up between wrist bands and the medication given
- Decision support bringing together different datasets into new clinical trigger events
- Device integration and wearable technology
- Further developing and growing the successful digital patient programme My Medical Record
- Taking digital imaging beyond X-rays and into the ‘ologies, photography and histopathology
- Enabling the workforce by delivering new communication tools in the form of messaging that can be linked to workflow
- Updating infrastructure and bringing in new types of mobile and touch screen technology
If you're interested in working in informatics, come along to our recruitment evening to:
- learn more about our plans for digital
- meet the team
- find out about the roles we're going to recruit to.
Some of our vacancies will open on the night and some will be recruited to next year, so if you are thinking about a new role now or next year, this could be of interest to you.
If you're interested in attending the recruitment fair, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're coming. This is so we can estimate numbers and make sure we have enough people there from our team to meet you and answer your questions. Please bring your up to date CV with you.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Posted on Monday 13 November 2017