Bennet, Mr Simon
MBChB, PGMed Cert, PG Dip, FRCS
Children's orthopaedics (bones and joints)
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Lower limb reconstruction
- Neuromuscular orthopaedics (surgical treatment for neuromuscular conditions)
Training and education
- Graduated from medical school at the University of Edinburgh in 2005
- Initial post graduate training in Edinburgh and Perth, Western Australia
- Orthopaedic surgery training in Bristol followed by sub-specialty fellowship training in paediatric orthopaedics at Westmead Children’s Hospital in Sydney, Australia
Mr Bennet is a consultant in children's orthopaedic surgery. He joined the Trust in 2018.
Mr Bennet is one of seven consultants who provide comprehensive orthopaedic trauma care for injured children as part of our paediatric major trauma centre here at Southampton Children’s Hospital.
He also has an interest in managing paediatric lower limb conditions, particularly those of the foot and ankle. He runs the CTEV (clubfoot) clinic with his colleagues Mr Barry (consultant orthopaedic surgeon) and specialist nurses Liz Wright and Julia Judd.
He is part of the neuromuscular team with Miss Edwards and Mr Aarvold. This team provides comprehensive surgical care for children with conditions such as cerebral palsy and spina bifida, and includes a fantastic team of dedicated paediatric physios, occupational therapists and nurses.
Mr Bennet has a particular interest in training the next generation of surgeons and has completed a postgraduate certificate in medical education. He also has postgraduate qualifications in wilderness and expedition medicine and is a keen climber and mountaineer.
You can contact Mr Bennet via his secretary on 023 8120 4850.