Steinbrecher, Mr Henrik
BSc., FRCS, MS, FRCS (paeds)
Training and education
- Medical school at London University, surgical training at the University of Southampton
- Postgraduate specialist training in Southampton, Newcastle and Leeds.
- Specialist training in paediatric urology and paediatric laparoscopic surgery.
Mr Steinbrecher has worked for the Trust since January 1998.
He has a national and international reputation for pioneering and developing paediatric laparoscopic surgery. He treats all specialist and non-specialist paediatric urological conditions such as groin surgery, genital surgery and hypospadias, upper urinary tract and renal surgery, bladder reconstructive and neuropathic bladder and bowel surgery.
- Founding member of British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons (treasurer and secretary for nine years).
- First surgeon in the UK to carry out paediatric laparoscopic bladder reconstructive surgery.
Awards and prizes
Finalist for Hospital Doctor team of the year award 2000.
Editor of urology section of leading Paediatric Surgical textbook. A number of book chapters, over 20 scientific paper publication.