Leach, Dr Tim
Nephrology (treatment of kidney disease)
Training and education
- BM (medical degree) - University of Southampton, 1991
- Core medical training in Portsmouth, Bristol and Australia
- MRCP UK (member of the Royal College of Physicians) - 1994
- CCT (certificate of completion of training) in nephrology and general internal medicine - Wessex Deanery, 2002
Dr Leach joined UHS in April 2018 as honorary consultant nephrologist. He is one of five consultant nephrologists rotating through the post for two weeks each out of ten.
Dr Leach is also a full-time consultant nephrologist employed by the Wessex Kidney Centre at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust, where he has worked since 1997. Previously, he was a transplant nephrologist at the Wessex Kidney Centre, and kidney transplants are one of his clinical interests.
He provides outpatient nephrology services to patients in mid-Hampshire at Alton Community Hospital. He's also part of the team that delivers outpatient nephrology services (including haemodialysis) in north Hampshire and Basingstoke.
- Clinical lead for renal IT at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Consultant representative on Trust mortality review panel
- Chief of service for renal and transplantation - 2008 to 2016
- Structured judgement reviewer
- Critical incident investigator
- 360 feedback facilitator
- Educational supervisor
You can contact Dr Leach via the renal secretary Dawn Lane - call 023 8120 4188 or send an email.