Miskolczi, Mr Szabolcs
Adult cardiac surgery
Training and education
- 1998, school of medicine, University of Debrecen, Hungary
- 2003, specialist in general surgery, University of Debrecen, Hungary
- 2007, specialist in cardiac surgery, University of Debrecen, Hungary
Mr Miskolczi joined UHS in August 2008 and was appointed as a consultant cardiac surgeon in June 2012.
He trained to perform all type of adult cardiac surgical operations except heart transplant. These include coronary revascularisation, valve repairs and replacements and developed special interest in major aortic operations (valve sparing root replacement, arch replacement and surgery for the thoracic aorta). He was also elected as a lead surgeon for adult ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) cases.
Apart from performing the routine adult cardiac operations (coronary surgery, valve replacement and repair) he has developed sub-specialty interest in major aortic surgery (valve sparing aortic root replacement, surgery of the aortic arch and thoracic aorta).
- Working within a unit where we can offer the best chance of survival to our patients in the country undergoing adult cardiac operations.
- Developed the surgical skills to perform major aortic operations.
- Introduced the daily senior fellow led ward round on the cardiac high dependency unit.
- Peer reviewed publications in aortic surgery
Secretary: Patricia Hobday, email: email@example.com
Case manager: Emma Hope, email: firstname.lastname@example.org