We provide services and treatments for children and adolescents who suffer with a variety of conditions, including:
- Juvenile arthritis
- Juvenile onset lupus
- Mechanical joint pain
- Hyper mobility syndrome
By controlling disease activity we aim to maintain function and independence, which minimises disability and supports children to achieve their full potential socially, educationally and psychologically.
Most children are seen in the paediatric outpatients' department. Patients are seen here when they are referred and for reviews of their condition. Our paediatric rheumatologist also holds clinics in Chichester, Salisbury, Winchester, Poole and Worthing.
Children with rheumatic diseases need to be diagnosed promptly and will be referred to a specialist paediatric rheumatology multidisciplinary team who can provide support for the child and their family.
Paediatric rheumatology patient line
This number is not for emergency use. If you feel you require urgent assistance please contact your GP or visit the emergency department.
Other useful contacts
- Dr Leahy, paediatric rheumatology consultant (secretary) 023 8120 4829
- Dr Davidson, rheumatology consultant (secretary) 023 8120 6770
- Paediatric rheumatology specialist nurse 07760 158924 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paediatric outpatient appointments 023 8120 8746
- Butterfly room (children's blood tests) 023 8120 4075
- Paediatric physiotherapy 023 8120 4560
- Paediatric hydrotherapy 023 8120 4561