We provide a full general dermatology service for all local patients with skin disease, and are a regional centre for patients with more complex needs.
Our services include
- a weekly 'one-stop' screening clinic for patients with skin cancer
- three dedicated skin theatres
- modern phototherapy (light therapy) services
- specialist clinics for patch-testing, children's dermatology, eczema, psoriasis, skin surgery and mycosis fungoides (an uncontrolled growth of a type of white blood cells)
- nurse-led clinics including day treatment, iontophoresis (electrical stimulation) and Botox therapy for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
We're responsible for undergraduate teaching and post-graduate training, and have an active research unit with specialist expertise in the fields of skin cancer, eczema and allergy, psoriasis and cutaneous lymphoma.
We're based at the Royal South Hants Hospital (RSH).