Anjum, Mr Syed Neshat
MBBS, MS (orthopaedics), MSc (trauma), FRCS (trauma and orthopaedics)
Trauma and orthopaedics
Foot and ankle surgery
Training and education
- MBBS (bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery) and initial orthopaedic training in India
- MSc in trauma - University of Birmingham
- Registrar training in various hospitals in Yorkshire
- FRCS (fellowship of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons) in trauma and orthopaedics
- Foot and ankle fellowship and paediatric orthopaedic fellowship at University Hospital Southampton
Mr Anjum is a consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon who joined the Trust in September 2016. He has a specialist interest in complex foot and ankle trauma and provides a specialist elective foot and ankle service. Alongside this, he's the educational lead for foundation year doctors posted in trauma and orthopaedics.
Mr Anjum regularly treats patients with arthritis of the ankle, hindfoot, midfoot and forefoot, performing ankle joint replacement surgery in suitable cases. He also uses small cuts to perform procedures such as arthroscopic ankle fusion and fibular nailing. You may be referred to Mr Anjum if you have a complex foot or ankle fracture, tendon problems in your foot or ankle, or a foot deformity like bunions or curly toes. He also specialises in ligament reconstruction and rehabilitation for sports injuries.
- Publishing several papers in peer-reviewed foot and ankle journals
- Leading the STAR UK study, a multicentre national trial based at University Hospital Southampton studying rehabilitation after injuries to the Achilles tendon
- Introducing fibular nailing, a new procedure for treating ankle fractures
- Basal osteotomy with lateral soft tissue release and medial plication in the correction of moderate to severe Hallux Valgus. Anjum SN, Denolf F. Foot & Ankle Surgery 2006;12,1:13-17.
- Spike osteotomy in the treatment of Hallux Valgus. Mittal D, Anjum SN, Raja S, Raut V. The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery 2006;45,4:261-265.
- Sesamoids of the Foot. Anwar R, Anjum SN, Nicholl JE. Current Orthopaedics 2005;19(1):40-48.
You can contact Mr Anjum via his secretary Caroline Atefi on ext. 6366.