Orchard, Dr Kim
MBBS, BSc, PhD, FRCP, FRCPath
Haematology and bone marrow transplantation
Bone marrow transplantation
Training and education
- Haematology training, Royal Free Hospital, London.
- Bone marrow transplantation training at the Royal Free Hospital and Hammersmith Hospital.
- Institute of Cancer Research
Dr Orchard has worked for the Trust since June 2001.
- Building an allogeneic stem cell transplantation programme at the Trust, taking patients from a large region of the central South Coast which includes ten referral hospitals.
- Achieving national accreditation (JACIE) of the transplantation programme.
- Initiating a translational research programme using radio-labelled monoclonal antibodies as part of conditioning therapy prior to stem cell transplantation.
Awards and prizes
- Colin Thomson research grant from the International Myeloma Foundation for ‘Targeted radiotherapy for the treatment of multiple myeloma’, 1999.
- Southampton University Hospitals Trust research and development award for 'Targeted radiotherapy as part of transplant conditioning', 2001.
- Wessex Cancer Trust award for 'Consumables for targeted radiotherapy trials', 2003.
- Wessex Cancer Trust award, 2006.
- Leukaemia Research Fund clinical trial grant for ‘Phase II clinical trial using yttrium-90 labelled anti-CD66 with high dose melphalan in conditioning prior to autologous SCT in patients with myeloma’ - a four year, multi-centre study, 2006.