Barling, Dr Jason
MBBS BSc MRCPCH
Paediatric emergency medicine
Training and education
- MBBS BSc from University College London medical school, 1996
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 2000
- Certificate of Completion of Training (Paediatrics), 2006 - training in paediatric emergency medicine at St Thomas’ Hospital (Evelina Children’s Hospital).
Dr Barling joined the Trust in May 2010 as a consultant in paediatric emergency medicine.
He is the clinical lead for the children’s emergency department, overseeing approximately 25,000 attendances per year, and including the regional paediatric trauma centre. The service operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in a dedicated children’s area, seeing unwell and injured children and young people between 0 and 18 years old.
In addition to his training in paediatric emergency medicine, Dr Barling has a background in general paediatrics.
- Establishing a dedicated children’s emergency department at UHS and developing a training programme for junior trainees.
- College representative on the Intercollegiate Committee for Standards for Children and Young people in Emergency Care Settings.
- Delivering emergency triage assessment and treatment training to Ghanian medical staff as part of the UHS overseas partnership with Ghana Health Service.
Dr Barling is the Trust lead for the Paediatric Emergency Research UK and Ireland (PERUKI) network, undertaking clinical research in paediatric emergency medicine.
You can contact Dr Barling via his secretary Carole Collins on 023 8120 6220 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.