Donnelly, Miss Antonia (Tonia)
MRCS (Eng), MRCEM, DCH, FRCEM
Paediatric emergency medicine
Training and education
- Medical training at the Royal Free Hospital, London, 2001
- MRCS (member of the Royal College of Surgeons) - 2006
- MRCEM (member of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine) - 2008
- DCH (diploma in child health) - Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, 2011
- FRCEM (fellow of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine) - 2013
Miss Donnelly is a consultant in emergency medicine who joined the Trust in 2014. She specialises in emergency care for children.
Miss Donnelly sees patients in both the adults' and children's emergency departments. Her work includes night shifts and being on call for major trauma calls in the emergency department. This includes clinical administration shifts, which ensure safe follow-up of abnormal reports, results and x-rays.
Miss Donnelly takes an active role in teaching, educational supervision and recruitment. Until February 2017, she was lead for safeguarding children in the emergency department, and she now leads the frailty/clinical decision unit. She attends departmental, local, regional, national and interagency meetings. To keep up to date with research in other clinical specialties, she attends training days, experience days and conferences.
Miss Donnelly is an examiner for the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM).
- As lead for safeguarding children in the emergency department, Miss Donnelly developed new paperwork, processes and educational programmes. She also established a culture change in the department with regard to identification and sharing information in safeguarding.
You can contact Miss Donnelly via her secretary, Chris Penniston - call 023 8120 4107.