Davies, Dr Justin
MBBCh, MRCP, FRCPCH, MD
Training and education
- MBBCh (bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery) - University of Wales College of Medicine, 1993
- MRCP (membership of the Royal College of Physicians) - London, 1996
- MD (doctor of medicine) - University of Wales College of Medicine, 2004
- FRCPCH (fellow, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) - 2004
- Lecturer in paediatric endocrinology - Cardiff University, 2001-2004
- Acting senior lecturer in child health - Cardiff University, 2004-2005
- Honorary lecturer in paediatric endocrinology - St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals, 2004
- Clinical research fellow, paediatric endocrine laboratories - Cardiff University, 1997-1999
Dr Davies has worked as a consultant paediatric endocrinologist at University Hospital Southampton since July 2005. He's also an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Southampton..
Dr Davies is the service lead for paediatric endocrinology at UHS. As well as treating inpatients with endocrine disorders, he undertakes clinics in general paediatric endocrinology and sub-specialty clinics. Dr Davies' sub-specialty interests include osteogenesis imperfecta and other childhood bone and mineral disorders, imprinting disorders (including Silver-Russell syndrome) and disorders of sex development.
- Service lead for paediatric endocrinology at University Hospital Southampton
- Chair of the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, 2016-2019
- Secretary of British Paediatric and Adolescent Bone Group, 2006-2011
- Treasurer of the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, 2008 - 2013
- Society for Endocrinology late effects of cancer treatment study interest group member
Dr Davies is actively involved in research and participates in local and national research studies and trials. His research interests include:
- Osteoporosis in children
- Bone and mineral disorders
- Imprinting disorders including Silver-Russell syndrome
Information on Dr Davies' research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.
You can contact Dr Davies by calling 023 8120 6985.