Davies, Dr Justin
MBBCh, MRCP, FRCPCH, MD
Paediatric endocrinology (the study of hormones)
Training and education
- MBBCh (bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery) - University of Wales College of Medicine, 1993
- MRCP (membership of the Royal College of Physicians) - London, 1996
- Training in paediatric endocrinology at University Hospital of Wales, Great Ormond Street Hospital and St Bartholomew's and Royal London Hospitals
- Lecturer in paediatric endocrinology - Cardiff University, 2001-2004
- MD (doctor of medicine) - University of Wales College of Medicine, 2004
- FRCPCH (fellow, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) - 2004
- Acting senior lecturer in child health - Cardiff University, 2004-2005
- Honorary lecturer in paediatric endocrinology - St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals, 2004
- Clinical research fellow, paediatric endocrine laboratories - Cardiff University, 1997 to 1999
Dr Davies has worked as a consultant paediatric endocrinologist at University Hospital Southampton since July 2005. He's also an honorary associate professor at the University of Southampton.
Dr Davies is the service lead for paediatric endocrinology at UHS. As well as treating inpatients with endocrine disorders, he undertakes clinics in general paediatric endocrinology and sub-specialty clinics. Dr Davies' sub-specialty interests include osteogenesis imperfecta and other childhood bone and mineral disorders, imprinting disorders (including Silver-Russell syndrome) and disorders of sex development.
- Service lead for paediatric endocrinology at University Hospital Southampton
- Chair of the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, 2016-2020
- Secretary of British Paediatric and Adolescent Bone Group, 2006-2011
- Treasurer of the British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, 2008 - 2013
- Centre lead, European Reference Networks – endocrinology and rare bone disease
Dr Davies is actively involved in research and participates in local and national research studies and trials. His research interests include:
- osteoporosis in children
- bone and mineral disorders
- imprinting disorders including Silver-Russell syndrome.
Information on Dr Davies' research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.
You can contact Dr Davies via his secretary by calling 023 8120 6985.