de Graaf, Dr Hans
Training and education
- MBBS - University of Maastricht School of Medicine, the Netherlands, 2001
- CCT in paediatrics - University Medical Centre Utrecht, the Netherlands, 2012 (GMC registered)
Dr de Graaf joined the Trust in October 2012. As a consultant in paediatric rheumatology, Dr de Graaf provides a local and regional service for children with chronic arthritis and other autoimmune, inflammatory, and musculoskeletal disorders. Together with Dr Leahy he aims to help children with rheumatologic conditions to achieve and maintain the best possible health and well-being throughout their lives.
He provides specialist service across Wessex and the South coast and coordinates the research activities within the department to provide the best, most up to date treatments for children and their families.
Dr de Graaf is also working in the NIHR Wellcome Trust clinical research facility, an MHRA phase I accredited facility, on several clinical phase I, II and III studies.
- Father of three wonderful children
- Setting up a paediatric rheumatology Southampton database
- Nine publications in peer reviewed journals in the last three years
- Correlates of protection against B. pertussis colonisation during a human challenge study
- Clinical service improvement and research by using existing clinical data
- Clinical care of juvenile idiopathic arthritis
You can contact Dr de Graaf via his secretary Suzanne Acton - call 023 8120 4829 or send an email.