Stringa, Mr Francesco
MBChB, FEBO, MRCOphth
Education and training
- European Board of Ophthalmology Diploma (2017)
- Research Fellowship in Retina, Manchester Vision Regeneration Lab, NIHR/Wellcome Trust Manchester Clinical Research Facility (2016 to 2017)
- Completion of core training in ophthalmology at North West of England Trusts (Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust) (2016 to 2018)
- Membership of The Royal College of Ophthalmologists (2019)
- Fellowships in Glaucoma:
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Nottingham (2019)
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London (2020)
I am a consultant eye surgeon specialised in the treatment of glaucoma and cataract. I perform cataract surgery, glaucoma filtration surgery (trebeculectomy and glaucoma drainage devices) and minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (such as iStent®). I also perform various laser procedures for the treatment of glaucoma such as selective laser trabeculoplasty, cyclodiode and YAG laser iridotomy.
Awards and prizes
- Best Abstract Presentation Award at The UK and Eire Glaucoma Society meeting 2020 (Glasgow)
- NHS Leadership Academy Award in Healthcare Leadership Foundations (2019)
- Greater Manchester Clinical Research Award: Runner up Research Team (2016)
I have carried out research in the imaging of the retina, with particular interest in diabetic retinopathy and age related macular degeneration. More recently, I have published articles on glaucoma surgery, particularly on minimally invasive glaucoma devices.
- Ophthalmology. 2020 Apr;127(4):550-552. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.2019.10.029. Epub 2019 Oct 31.
- J Glaucoma. 2019 May;28(5):e72-e74. doi: 10.1097/IJG.0000000000001170.
- Int Med Case Rep J. 2016 Nov 30;9:377-383. doi: 10.2147/IMCRJ.S118345. eCollection 2016.
- Dev Ophthalmol. 2016;56:13-7. doi: 10.1159/000442771. Epub 2016 Mar 15.
- Dev Ophthalmol. 2016;56:166-73. doi: 10.1159/000442809. Epub 2016 Mar 15.
- Dev Ophthalmol. 2016;56:113-21. doi: 10.1159/000442802. Epub 2016 Mar 15.
You can contact Mr Stringa's secretary. Rebecca Clouder, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 023 8120 4570.