Here are some places to find practical guidance on being active during your cancer treatment and beyond.
Local centres supporting exercise
- HealthWorks Eastleigh Gym, an NHS acredited physical activity referral scheme.
- Walking for Health offer local walks in Southampton and a cuppa afterwards if you would like to stay and chat. Some walks aimed at people living with and beyond cancer.
- Saints Foundation, the Saints football team charity, offers a wide range of local exercise sessions. Some are just for older people, helping them to get back to health or to keep active. They also offer walking football for over 55s.
- Active Nation
- One you - healthy living information from the NHS.
- Parkrun - free, weekly 5k runs, organised in local parks all over the UK