Support for different age groups
- Communicare in Southampton is a local charity offering neighbour support. Visit their website or call 023 8021 6016.
- Age UK Southampton is a national charity offering befriending, advice and information to help people in older age, as wll as a wellbeing service. Visit Age UK, call 023 8036 8636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Care in Action is a Southampton and South Hampshire based non-profit organisation. Visit their website or call 023 8036 6663.
- Southampton Living Well offers fun and educational activities and a place for older people living in Southampton.
- The Alzheimer’s Society provide local activity and support groups for people with dementia including lunches and knitting groups.
- Good Neighbours Network groups are all about people offering a helping hand to others in their local community. Each group is different, but will often include transport assistance, social activities and a befriending scheme.
- Carers Together supports unpaid carers in Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton.
- Connect to Support Hampshire helps you to manage your care and wellbeing, stay independent and connect to your community.
- SHINE exists exclusively to support adults in their 20s, 30s and 40s who have experienced a cancer diagnosis.
- Trekstock gets young adults in their 20s and 30s moving again physically, socially and psychologically after cancer has stopped them in their tracks.
For information on support for teenagers, please see our teenagers and young adults pages.