Diagnosis and treatment
We assess and treat any patient who is undergoing cancer treatment and is having complications with either their treatment or their cancer.
Contact us on 023 8120 1345 if you feel unwell or develop any of the following symptoms:
- a temperature of 38°C (100°F) or above
- shivering, uncontrollable shaking or flu-like symptoms
- gums or nose bleeds
- unusual bruising
- mouth ulcers that stop you eating or drinking
- persistent vomiting and diarrhoea (more than four times a day)
- difficulty breathing
- marked or prolonged dizzy spell.
If your problem sounds time-critical at telephone triage, we may ask you to go to your nearest emergency department. This will only be the case if Southampton General Hospital is not your nearest hospital with an emergency department, and your condition can not wait.