Useful information: children's cardiac
You can use the links on this page to find out more information about your child's condition, as well as charities and support groups that might be helpful. If you would like information about or support for a condition that is not treated here, please ask one of the nurses on the ward.
- NHS Choices - information on types of congenital heart disease and the treatments your child may have.
- British Heart Foundation - a national charity offering advice and information on heart conditions and lifestyle. The website includes resources for children and young people.
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital - the Cincinnati Children's Hospital's website includes an encyclopaedia of heart conditions as well as information on diagnosis and treatment.
- Families of Ocean ward - a website offering information to visitors of the ward. Please note, this is not a UHS affiliated website.
- The Children's Heart Federation - is a leading children's heart charity and works with voluntary organisations to meet the needs of children, young people and their families with heart conditions.
- Down's Heart Group - a charity offering support and information relating to heart conditions associated with Down's syndrome.
- Grown up congenital heart patients association - a national group providing support for teenagers and adults with congenital heart disease.
- Heartline - a voluntary organisation set up to offer help and support to families of children with heart disorders.
- Little Hearts Matter - offers support and information, and raises awareness of those affected when a child has only half a heart, due to conditions such as hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS), pulmonary atresia, tricuspid atresia or double inlet ventricle.
- Max Appeal - supporting families affected by DiGeorge syndrome and 22q11 deletion.
- Rainbow Trust Children's Charity - a charity providing emotional and practical support to families who have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness.