General rheumatology clinic
As well as our specialist rheumatology clinics, we have regular general clinics dealing with a wide range of disorders including
- crystal arthritis (gout and pseudogout)
- ankylosing spondylitis
- psoriatic arthritis
- other spondyloarthropathies
- soft tissue rheumatic disorders including shoulder problems, tendonopathies and bursitis
- spinal disorders
- infective arthritis, for example: bacterial, viral, lyme disease, tuberculosis (TB)
- unexplained musculoskeletal problems
- miscellaneous disorders with musculoskeletal manifestations, including metabolic and endocrine disorders.
In addition to new patients, we see patients who are having investigations and those who need ongoing supervision or monitoring for follow up. These are often people with inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.