Shops and facilities
At Southampton General Hospital we aim to make our patients and visitors feel as comfortable as possible during their stay.
In this section you can find details of our range of shopping and dining options along with where to access other popular facilities.
Within the recently refurbished spacious reception and welcome area you will find:
- our reception team - who can help you with any queries and finding your way around our hospitals
- fully accessible toilet with left and right hand transfer
- baby change facilities
- travel information screens showing real-time bus timetable information
- free phone for taxi hire (next to main reception)
Shopping and dining
Patients and visitors can take advantage of a range of dining option along with a number of shopping outlets during their stay.
- shops and services
- hospital restaurants
Along with an outpatient prescription service and expert advice, visitors can take advantage of a number of special offer promotions on a range of toiletries at the hospital pharmacy.
You can find the hospital pharmacy in the main entrance.
Free wifi for patients and visitors
Funded by Southampton Hospital Charity, we are now able to offer free to use wifi for our patients and visitors to do the normal things online as they would at home. This includes the ability to stream audio and video, access online banking and keep in touch with loved ones via social media and messaging apps.
- Go to your wifi settings
- Select 'NHSwifi'
- Sign in or register to The Cloud
Mobile phone charging station
Patients and visitors can access a free-to-use charging station for their mobile phones.
The six-phone charging station is located within the main entrance of Southampton General Hospital near to the pharmacy.
The service has been introduced in collaboration with the commercial services team and their counterparts at Pulse Outdoor media with funding supplied via sponsored advertising from Social Care in Action. This service is free to both UHS and the users.
- taxi freephone - inside the main entrance, opposite the security desk
- cashpoints - there are 24 hour machines on C level in East Wing and another in the main entrance (to the right of the reception desk)
- photo machine - on C level near the West Wing lift lobby
- vending machines - for hot and cold drinks and snacks