We are pleased to share that the trust has recommenced the careers work experience programme for local schools, colleges & community.
The programme is available for those who are aged 16 and over and live within a SO postcode. The programme aimed at young people prominently aged 16-18 years who are interested in a career within healthcare.
It will offer you the opportunity to shadow clinical or non-clinical professionals to gain an insight into working within a NHS Trust. This programme will allow you to make informed decisions about your future education and careers.
Before continuing, please note the following:
- We require a minimum of 6 weeks’ notice to enable us to arrange your placement
- Please be clear with dates you are requesting
- Careers work experience is only available for those aged 16 and over, some areas may require you to be older.
- Careers work experience will last for a maximum of three days, with some departments offering shorter experiences visits.
- Due to a high volume of applications will are currently only accepting applications from those who study or live within a SO postcode. The team may request to see evidence of this.
- Careers work experience will not include any hands-on experience or physical contact with patients.
- Careers work experience will only take place during core working hours and no work experience can be undertaken on the weekend.
- You will only be permitted to undertake careers work experience once.
- To be considered for work experience we only accept applications in January, May, and September. We will not be able to accept any applications outside of the application window
Current Careers Work Experience Offer
We successfully place students in clinical and non-clinical settings across the trust.
Please see directory below for current work experience opportunities.
The team will do their best to accommodate your request, however we do receive large volumes of applications and can’t provide work experience to everybody. You may be offered an experience in an alternative area if your chosen area(s) are not available. We will contact you if you are successful in securing work experience with us and an email informing you of the next steps. Unsuccessful applicants will also receive an email. We will do this 4-weeks of receiving your application.
If you have any further questions, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will reopen in 2024 and the webpage will be updated with further information in due course.