Being a member
Becoming a member of UHS means having the opportunity to get involved in your hospital and help shape the future of University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
As a member, you're kept up to date about developments at the Trust and you have a voice to raise the issues that are important to you.
Benefits of being a member
Membership is free and by joining you can:
- have a say in what we do and help shape our future plans for our services and the Trust
- receive regular information and hear about what we are doing via our membership e-newsletter (currently every two months)
- take part in focus groups and surveys
- come along to member events, such as our bi-monthly themed evenings where you’ll hear from experts across the Trust
- elect the Council of Governors to represent your views
- stand for election to become a Governor yourself
- join the discounted shopping website Health Service Discounts where you’ll have access to exclusive deals from hundreds of brands.
How involved you get is entirely up to you. If you’d prefer just to receive information and updates from us then that’s fine, but if you like the idea of becoming a governor, or helping support us by attending or volunteering at an event, then you can do that too.
If you’d like to sign up, please use our online application form. If you have any questions or would like more information on becoming a member, please email UHSmember@uhs.nhs.uk or call the membership team on 023 8120 4237.