Keys, Mr Charlie
MBChB, FRCS (Paed Surg)
Neonatal, minimally invasive and gastro-intestinal surgery and paediatric oncology
Training and education
- MBChB - University of Glasgow, 2000
- Postgraduate basic specialist training - Hammersmith Hospitals, London
- Higher surgical training in paediatric surgery - Scottish Consortium, 2006 to 2012
- Locum consultant in paediatric and neonatal surgery - Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh, 2013.
Paediatric surgery fellowship - Monash University Hospital, 2010.
Mr Keys joined the Trust in November 2013. He has a busy practice in all aspects of paediatric surgery. His main area of interest is neonatal surgery, and he is involved in the management of neonatal surgical services at the Trust.
Alongside his key interest in newborn surgery and long-term follow up, Mr Keys has an active interest in antenatal diagnosis and counselling of families with congenital anomalies. His other main areas of interest include oncology surgery in children. He also provides surgery for children with cystic fibrosis and boys with gynaecomastia.
Mr Keys is the clinical lead for the department of paediatric surgery.
- Active interest in clinical research with an emphasis on neonatal surgery
- Over fifteen peer reviewed papers in paediatric and neonatal surgery
- Several book chapters in paediatric surgery and oncology
Julie Arnold is Mr Keys' secretary - contact Julie on 023 8120 6489 or send an email.