Council of Governors
The Council of Governors is the collective body through which executive and non-executive directors explain and justify their actions. It works closely with the Trust Board to make sure services are meeting the needs of the local community.
The Council of Governors consists of 23 governors who gather the views of the hospital's members and give them a voice at the highest level of the organisation. These representatives have certain roles and responsibilities and must carry out statutory duties.
For further details of the Council of Governors please contact Karen Russell in Corporate Affairs on 023 8120 1469. You can also email your governor at UHSgovernor@uhs.nhs.uk
The Council of Governors is broken down into the following groups:
Council of Governors' constituencies
|Type of constituency||Name of constituency|
- Medical practitioners and dental - one governor
- Non-clinical and support staff - one governor
- Nursing and midwifery staff - one governor
- Health professional and health scientist staff - one governor
- Hampshire County Council - one governor
- Southampton City Council - one goveror
- NHS Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group - one governor
- University of Southampton - one governor
- Solent University - one governor