Balabanidou, Ms Eleni
MD, CCT (trauma and orthopaedics), FESSH diploma
Trauma and orthopaedics
Hand and wrist surgery
Training and education
- Medical training - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2001
- General surgery specialty training - AHEPA, University Hospital of Thessaloniki, 2003
- Specialty training in traumatology and orthopaedics - G. Papanikolaou General Hospital of Thessaloniki, 2009
- Trauma fellow in trauma and orthopaedics - Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, 2009
- EFORT travel fellowship - Italy, 2009
- Hand fellow in trauma and orthopaedics - Southampton General Hospital, 2014
Ms Balabanidou is a locum consultant in hand surgery who joined the Trust in January 2010. Her work involves full time NHS practice which includes both elective and trauma surgery on hands, wrists and elbows. She is also part of the on-call rota and manages general trauma cases.
Ms Balabanidou has been a co-author and contributor to European and Greek orthopaedic textbooks. She has written several publications and has presented her work in Greece regarding trauma, especially hand and wrist trauma. She's a member of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH).
You can contact Ms Balabanidou via her secretary Kate Lomax - call 023 8120 4403 or send an email.