Hargreaves, Mr David
Hand, wrist and elbow
Training and education
- Middlesex Hospital medical school.
- Senior house officer rotation at King's College Hospital, London.
- North West Thames (St Mary`s) orthopaedic registrar training programme.
- Hand fellowship in Sydney, Australia.
- Clinical fellowships at the Mayo Clinic, USA, and the Schultess Clinic, Zurich.
Mr Hargreaves has worked for the Trust since November 1998, practicing in hand, wrist and elbow surgery. He is involved in all aspects of this area of surgery, from trauma injuries and revision elbow replacements to surgery of the little finger nail bed.
- Developing new surgical techniques in upper limb surgery.
- Developing a combined paediatric hand service.
- Being the undergraduate lead for orthopaedics.
- Delivering faculty teaching at national and international meetings.
Awards and prizes
Awarded an honarary senior lecturer post in November 2008.
- Hand Function after wrist fusion in Cerebral Palsy. Journal of Hand Surgery (Br) (2000) 25 B: 2 :193-194.
- Arthroscopic Thermal Capsulorrhaphy for Palmar Midcarpal Instability. J Hand Surgery (Br) (2007) 32 ; 4 : 411-416.
- Table top Relocation test : new clinical test for posterolateral rotatory instability of elbow. Journal Shoulder and Elbow Surgery (2006) 15; 4 :500-1
- Upper limb function improvement following Total Elbow Arthroplasty in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. European J Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (2008).18, 4 :307-310.