Hosahalli Kempanna, Mr Vijaya Kumar
MBBS, MS (Orth), DNB (Orth), MRCS (Ed), FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Trauma and orthopaedics
Pelvic, hip and acetabular (hip bone socket) surgery
Training and education
- MBBS (medical degree) - Bangalore University, India, 1994
- MS (Orth) - postgraduate training in trauma and orthopaedics at Bangalore Medical College Teaching Hospitals, Bangalore University, 1996 to 1999
- DNB (Orth) - diplomat in National Board certification - New Delhi, India, 1999
- MRCS (Ed) - membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd), 2004
- FRCS (Tr+orth) – intercollegiate fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd), 2013
- Trauma fellowship - University Hospital Southampton, August 2014 to February 2015
- Hip fellowship and pelvic trauma fellowship - University Hospital Southampton, August 2015 to August 2016
- Paediatric orthopaedic fellowship - Royal Manchester Children Hospital, April to September 2017
Mr Hosahalli Kempanna joined the Trust as a locum consultant in November 2017.
He has extensive experience in elective and emergency trauma and orthopaedic surgery. His particular clinical interests include:
- complex trauma surgery (mainly pelvic and acetabular surgery)
- periprosthetic fractures (fractures that occur around an already replaced hip)
- joint reconstruction surgery
- complex hip surgery.
He also provides an acute trauma service for general trauma, specialised pelvic and acetabular trauma and periprosthetic fractures.
Mr Hosahalli Kempanna is also involved with medical education, and is a panel member for medical school selection at the University of Southampton. He also teaches and is an examiner for medical students at the university.
- Expanding trauma operating capacity at weekends to reduce patients' lengths of stay and improve outcomes.
- Publishing several papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Click here to read a list of Mr Hosahalli Kempanna's research publications.
You can contact Mr Hosahalli via his secretary Ceri Vibert - call 023 8120 6795 or send an email.