Jack, Mr Christopher
BSc (hons), MBBS, MSc, FRCS (trauma and orthopaedics)
Hip, knee, pelvis and acetabular surgery (particularly young adult hip surgery)
Training and education
- BSc (hons) - London, 1999
- MBBS (medical degree) - London, 2002
- MSc - Brighton, 2010
- FRCS (fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons) - 2010
- Training in the south east Thames region
Mr Jack is a consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon who joined the Trust in 2013.
Along with Mr Gorav Datta, Mr Jack runs the regional pelvic and acetabular service for Wessex, treating injuries to the pelvis and the socket of the hip joint (acetabulum). He's also the clinical governance lead here at UHS.
- Former professional rugby player for Saracens
- Fellowships in Sydney with Dr Bill Walter, at Guy's Hospital with Mr Marcus Bankes and at St George's with Mr Martin Bircher
Mr Jack's publications include:
- The use of ceramic-on-ceramic bearings in isolated revision of the acetabular component. Jack CM, Molloy DO, Walter WL, Zicat BA, Walter WK. Bone Joint J. 2013 Mar; 95-B (3): 333-8.
- Limited slot femorotomy for removal of proximally coated cementless stems. A 10-year follow-up of an unreported surgical technique. Jack CM, Molloy DO, Esposito C, Walter WL, Zicat B, Walter WK. J Arthroplasty. 2013 Jun; 28 (6): 1000-4.
- Large diameter metal on metal articulations. Comparison of total hip arthroplasty and hip resurfacing arthroplasty. Jack CM, Walter WL, Shimmin AJ, Cashman K, de Steiger RN. J Arthroplasty. 2013 Apr; 28 (4): 650-3.
- Fretting and corrosion in modular-neck total hip arthroplasty femoral stems. Molloy DO, Munir S, Jack CM, Cross MB, Walter WL, Walter WK Sr. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Mar 19; 96 (6): 488-93.
- The modified tibial tubercle osteotomy for anterior knee pain due to chondromalacia patellae in adults: A five-year prospective study. Jack CM, Rajaratnam SS, Khan HO, Keast-Butler O, Butler-Manuel PA, Heatley FW. Bone Joint Res. 2012 Aug 1; 1(8): 167-73.
- Cementless total hip replacements in sickle cell disease. Jack CM, Howard J, Aziz ES, Kesse-Adu R, Bankes MJ. Hip Int. 2016 Mar-Apr; 26 (2): 186-92.
- The surgical anatomy of intra-abdominal prosthetic dislocation during hip arthroplasty. Sandiford NA, Jack CM, Rajaratnam S, Weitzel S, Tsitskaris K, Lawrence-Watt DJ. Hip Int. 2012 Mar-Apr; 22 (2): 184-8.
- The impact of snow on orthopaedic trauma referrals. Weston-Simons J, Jack CM, Doctor C, Brogan K, Reed D, Ricketts D. Injury. 2012 Jul; 43 (7): 1033-6.
- A case report of three peripheral schwannomas attached to the Achilles paratenon. Jack CM, Jones G, Edwards MR, Singh SK. Foot (Edinb). 2010 Jun-Sep; 20 (2-3): 78-80.
- Health promotion. Cycle to work scheme in the NHS. Jack CM, Edwards M, Parikh M, Rajaratnam S. BMJ. 2009 May 12; 338: b1896.
- Tattoo pigment in an axillary lymph node simulating metastatic malignant melanoma. Jack CM, Adwani A, Krishnan H. Int Semin Surg Oncol. 2005 Dec 1; 2: 28.
You can contact Mr Jack via his secretary, Kate Lomax - call 023 8120 4403 or send an email.