Frame, Mr Mark
MBChB, MRCS Glas. FRCS Glas. Tr&O
Trauma and orthopaedics
Training and education
- Medical degree (MBChB) at University of Aberdeen - 2003
- MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, Glasgow - 2007
- Travelling Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Dr David Ring MD, Boston - 2011
- RCPSG Travelling Fellowship, UT Southwestern Parkland Hospital, Dr Adam Starr MD, Dallas, Texas - 2013
- FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics, Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, Glasgow - 2012
- Knee Travelling Fellowship, LOC, Clinique de la Sauvegarde, Lyon, Dr David Dejour MD, France - 2015
- Zimmer Orthopaedic Knee Fellow - University Hospital Southampton - 2014/2015
Mr Frame qualified in 2003 from the University of Aberdeen and subsequently undertook his orthopaedic training on the west of Scotland orthopaedic training program. During this time he developed an active interest in complex surgery of the knee and trauma. He was appointed as a consultant orthopaedic and trauma surgeon at University Hospital Southampton in 2016.
He has also completed multiple fellowships in knee surgery and trauma both here in the UK and internationally.
Mr Frame has a specialist interest in knee surgery and in particular complex revision knee replacements, soft tissue knee ligament reconstruction and patellar pain and instability (dislocating knee cap) surgery.
Awards and prizes
- West of Scotland research grant, awarded for surgical simulation - GLAMOR 2014
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow Annual College Travelling Fellowship Award
Mr Frame's research interests include the creation of computer 3D printed surgical models from CT and MRI scans. He has received national press and coverage for this research.
- A Novel Method Of Preventing Embedded Metal Debris When High-Speed Burring Of Metal Implants Using Water-Based Lubrication Gel, M Frame, K.B. Ferguson and B Jones - Bone Joint 2014 vol. 96-B no. SUPP 7 4
- DIY 3D Printing of Custom Orthopaedic Implants: A Proof Of Concept Study, M C Frame, Bone Joint J 2014 vol. 96-B no. SUPP 11 322
- DIY 3D Printing of Custom Orthopaedic Implants: A Proof of Concept Study, M C Frame, W J Leach, Journal of Surgical Technology International, January 2014, Vol 25
- Rapid Prototyping in Orthopaedic Surgery - A User's Guide, M.C. Frame, J.S. Huntley, J Bone, Joint Surg Br Orthopaedic Proceedings, June 2012 94-B: 9-9
- A Novel Technique For Pre-Operative Planning of Severe Acetabular Defects During Revision Hip Arthroplasty, N. Sciberras, M.C. Frame, R.G. Bharadwaj, G Holt, M.A. Khan, Bone Joint J 2013 vol. 95-B no. SUPP 30 63
You can contact Mr Frame via Vanessa Mclean (medical secretary) on 023 8120 8526 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org