Crawford, Dr Pamela
General medicine and medicine for older people
Training and education
- Glasgow University - 1986 to 1991
- Specialist registrar training in general (internal) medicine and geriatric medicine - West of Scotland, 1995 to 2000
Dr Crawford joined the Trust in 2002, having trained and worked as a consultant in Glasgow. She developed her special interest in stroke medicine as a registrar. Initially, she practised in Southampton in medicine for older people before specialising purely in stroke medicine. She took on the responsibility for the development and management of the stroke service, becoming director of stroke medicine from 2010 to 2013.
She has held various management and leadership roles within and outside the Trust, but remains committed to her full time day to day clinical practice as a consultant stroke physician.
- Developing of acute and rehabilitation stroke services in Southampton
- Director of stroke medicine - 2010-2013
- Director of rehabilitation for the Wessex Trauma Network - 2012-2013
- Guardian of safe working hours (NHS initiative)