Heath, Dr Catherine
MB, ChB (Hons), MRCP, FRCR
Training and education
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians, 1995.
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists, 1998.
Dr Heath is a consultant clinical oncologist and honorary senior clinical lecturer, and has worked for the Trust since 2002.
Dr Heath is the Trust's lead clinician for treatment of urological malignancies including external beam radiotherapy (IMRT with image guidance), prostate brachytherapy (low dose rate and high dose rate) and radioisotopes including radium-223.
- Setting up and leading the high dose rate (HDR) and low dose rate (LDR) prostate brachytherapy service at the Trust.
- Previously being principal investigator at the Trust for the ALSYMPCA trial of radium-223.
- Being a trustee and founding member of the British Uro-Oncology Group (BUG) since formation. The BUG was formed in 2004 to meet the needs of UK clinical and medical oncologists specialising in the field of urology.
Awards and prizes
- Innovations Fund grant awarded to set up HDR brachytherapy, January 2012.
- BUG 10 year anniversary award, 2014.
You can contact Dr Heath via her secretary Jacqueline Best - call 023 8120 3417 or send an email.