Douglas, Dr Andrew
MBChB, DPhil, MRCP(UK)
Training and education
- BSc (MedSci), Molecular Biology Honours, University of Edinburgh, 2002
- MBChB, University of Edinburgh, 2005
- MRCP(UK), Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 2008
- Certificate in Medical Genetics, Royal College of Pathologists, 2015
- DPhil (Biomedical and Clinical Sciences), University of Oxford, 2015
- PGCert Genomic Medicine, University of Southampton, 2017
Dr Douglas has been a consultant in clinical genetics within the Trust since 2017, having completed specialist training in clinical genetics as an academic clinical fellow and an academic clinical lecturer.
He is also an honorary senior clinical lecturer at the University of Southampton.
Dr Douglas’ principal research interests focus on RNA splicing and oligonucleotide therapeutics. Disease areas of particular interest include neuromuscular disorders such as Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and motor neurone disease (MND).
Please see https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/about/staff/ad1d09.page for more details and for a list of publications.
Dr Douglas can be contacted via the Wessex Clinical Genetics Service by emailing UHS.GeneticsTeam@nhs.net or by calling 023 8120 6170.