Harrison, Dr Vicki
MB, ChB, MRCP
Training and education
- MB ChB, University of Leeds, 2004
- MRCP, Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, 2007
- General medical training within the Yorkshire deanery, 2004 to 2008.
- Clinical genetics training within the department of clinical genetics, Oxford, 2008 to 2012.
Dr Harrison joined the Trust as a consultant in clinical genetics in September 2012. She is primarily responsible for patients living in Dorset, and holds regular clinics in Poole and Dorchester. The majority of the patients Dr Harrison assesses are children with learning difficulties or congenital abnormalities, with a view to considering a syndromic diagnosis and providing management and genetic advice.
As a trainee, Dr Harrison was involved in research projects which provided her with experience of, and an interest in, brain malformations and Joubert syndrome.
- Harrison V, Nemeth AH. Joubert Syndrome and Related Disorders, In: Beales P & Kenny T, Ciliopathies: a reference for clinicians. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 2013 Aug.
- Harrison V, Hurst J, Lloyd-Jani A, Lester T, Lever M, Man S, O’Rourke A, Robinson D, Tabiner M, Williams R, Kini U. Segmental paternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 14 in a four year old boy. Clin Dysmorphol. 2012 Oct; 21(4):208-211
- Harrison V, Nemeth AH. Genetic testing in Neurology. Medicine. 2012 Aug; 40(8):463-467
April Brooke is Dr Harrison's secretary, contact her on 023 8120 3482 or by emailing April.Brooke@uhs.nhs.uk.