Foulds, Dr Nicola Clare
BSc, PhD, MBChB, FRCP
Dysmorphology, neurogenetics, metabolic genetics
Training and education
- BSc Biochemistry with pharmacology, University of Southampton, 1983
- PhD, University of Cambridge, Institute for Biotechnology, 1987
- MBChB, University of Bristol, 1993
- DRCOG, 1995
- Paediatric training, Portsmouth Hospitals and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- MRCP (UK), 1997
- Specialist training in clinical genetics, London rotation
- FRCP, 2011.
Dr Foulds joined the Trust as a consultant in clinical genetics in 2004, and became an honorary senior lecturer for the University of Southampton in 2008. She works in general genetics at UHS with a specialist interest in paediatrics and metabolic genetics. Dr Foulds also runs a regional neurogenetics service including a monthly MDT and a monthly neurogenetics clinic, which is held jointly with Dr Simon Hammans in neurology.
Dr Foulds is the training programme director for clinical genetics and chairs the regional training committee meetings. She is also curriculum lead for the national specialist advisory committee.
- Training programme director.
- Curriculum lead for the national special advisory committee in clinical genetics.
- Developing a neurogenetics service for UHS.
Awards and prizes
- Pathology distinction in final MBChB
- Wolfson Scholarship, 1991 to 1992 and 1992 to 1993
- Foulkes Foundation fellow 1991 to 1993.
Dr Foulds has published widely in the areas of rare disease genetics and neurogenetics.
You can contact Dr Foulds by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 023 8120 6170.