Foulds, Dr Nicola Clare
BSc, PhD, MBChB, FRCP
Dysmorphology, neurogenetics, metabolic genetics
Training and education
- BSc Biochemistry with pharmacology - University of Southampton, 1983
- PhD - University of Cambridge, Institute for Biotechnology, 1987
- MBChB (medical degree) - University of Bristol, 1993
- DRCOG (diploma awarded by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists) -1995
- Paediatric training - Portsmouth Hospitals and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
- MRCP (UK) (member of the Royal College of Physicians) - 1997
- Specialist training in clinical genetics, London rotation
- FRCP (fellow of the Royal College of Physicians) - 2011
Dr Foulds joined the Trust as a consultant in clinical genetics in 2004, and became an honorary senior lecturer for the University of Southampton in 2008.
She works in general genetics at UHS with a specialist interest in paediatrics and metabolic genetics. Dr Foulds also runs a regional neurogenetics service including a monthly multidisciplinary team and a monthly neurogenetics clinic, which is held jointly with Dr Simon Hammans in neurology.
Dr Foulds is curriculum lead for the national specialist advisory committee and has just completed writing a new training curriculum for the discipline.
- Training programme director (2004 to 8)
- Curriculum lead for the national specialist advisory committee in clinical genetics
- Developing a neurogenetics service for UHS
Awards and prizes
- Pathology distinction in final MBChB
- Wolfson Scholarship, 1991 to 1992 and 1992 to 1993
- Foulkes Foundation fellow 1991 to 1993
Dr Foulds has published widely in the areas of rare disease genetics and neurogenetics.
You can contact Dr Foulds by emailing UHS.GeneticsTeam@nhs.net or by calling 023 8120 6170.