Morris, Mr Gareth
MA DM MCh FRCS Eng FRCS Edin
Endovascular surgery (treating vascular disease from inside the blood vessel)
Training and education
- Oxford University
- St Thomas’ Hospital London
- Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia
Mr Morris is a consultant vascular surgeon who joined the Trust in 1994. He's also the clinical director of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening Programme.
Mr Morris's specialist interests include:
- aortic disease (disease of the aorta, the body's main artery)
- carotid disease (disease of the main arteries carrying blood to the head and neck)
- thoracic outlet syndrome (a group of conditions that are caused by the nerves and blood vessels in the space between the collarbone and first rib being compressed).
Additionally, he has extensive experience in the endovascular treatment of arterial and venous (vein) disease. He has written publications on aortic aneurysm screening and endovascular reconstruction.
- Instrumental in introduction of national aortic aneurysm screening programme
- Development of South West Hampshire and Isle of Wight vascular network
Mr Morris has published widely on the topics of aortic aneurysm screening and endovascular arterial reconstruction.
You can contact Mr Morris via his secretary, Julie Ritchie, on 023 8120 8801.