Phillips, Mr Mike
BM MS FRCS FRCS (Gen Surg)
Endovascular surgery and minimally invasive vascular surgery
Training and education
- Undergraduate training at the University of Southampton
- Basic training in Cardiff
- Higher training in Wessex
- Research at Thrombosis Institute, London and Kings College
Mr Phillips completed a vascular fellowship in Adelaide, Australia.
Mr Phillips joined the Trust in 1998, and provides vascular services to Lymington, Hythe, the Isle of Wight and Winchester. He became a surgical tutor in 2003.
- Being the first Southampton graduate to be appointed as consultant general surgeon.
- Pioneering the use of endovascular aneurysm repair in Australia.
- Setting up endovascular laser treatment locally.
- Becoming a fellow of the European Vascular Society, and the Association of Surgeons.
Awards and prizes
- Ethicon Travelling Fellowship
- Bulter Prize for Surgery
Mr Phillips has had numerous publications in the Lancet, general surgery and vascular surgery journals, and is a book chapter author.