Nordon, Mr Ian
BM MSc MD(Res) FRCS(Gen surg)
Mr Nordon is a general vascular surgeon, with specific higher training in endovascular (treatment using a catheter) arterial and venous (vein) surgery.
He's the clinical lead for vascular surgery at UHS, and director of the vascular surgical training programme for Wessex and the Thames Valley.
His specific interests are endovascular treatments of the thoracic (chest) and abdominal aorta, particularly in the management of aortic dissection and aneurysms. Mr Nordon is experienced in planning and performing complex endovascular solutions to challenging arterial disease.
- Academic interests covering both basic science and clinical vascular research
- Published in excess of 30 academic papers and 10 book chapters in the field of vascular surgery
- Studied the pathogenesis of abdominal aortic aneurysms [AAA] and completed a thesis exploring altered protein expression in AAA patients
- Led two randomised controlled trials, most recently exploring the optimal treatments for varicose veins
- Continuing to publish work in the field of abdominal and thoracic aortic disease
- Chapter author for both the Oxford textbook and Oxford handbook of Vascular Surgery