Patel, Dr Janisha
BSc, PhD, MBChB
Hepatology (liver, gallbladder, pancreas and biliary tract)
General medicine and gastroenterology
Training and education
- MBChB (medical degree) - University of Warwick School of Medicine
- BSc in biochemistry - Imperial College, London
- PhD in virology, University of Glasgow (funded by the Medical Research Council)
- Hepatology fellowship - University Hospital Southampton and University of Cambridge
- Specialised training in hepatology - King's College London
Dr Patel is a consultant hepatologist who joined the Trust in 2016. She is an honorary consultant at the liver unit at King’s College Hospital, London.
She is experienced in a wide range of treatments for hepatology conditions, including liver transplant. She works with the cystic fibrosis unit to look after adult patients with liver disease. She also links with the obstetrics team to care for patients who have liver disease during pregnancy. She performs diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies of the upper gastrointesinal tract as well as diagnostic colonoscopies.
Dr Patel is implementing a management pathway for patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease at UHS.
You can contact Dr Patel via the hepatology secretaries - call 023 8120 4129.